Ph.D, IEEE Member
- Liang Zhang [S’15, M’20] (lz284 AT njit.edu) received his M.S. degree in information and communication engineering, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC),
China, in 2014, and his Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), USA, in 2020. He is a recipient of the Hashimoto Prize in NJIT
for the best doctoral dissertation in 2020, the Travel Grant Award from IEEE GLOBECOM in 2016, the Best Paper Award at IEEE ICNC in 2014, and the prize of the National
Scholarship of Graduate Students in China in 2013.
Honors and Awards
- 2020 Hashimoto Prize ($5000) for Best Doctoral Dissertation in New Jersey Institute of Technology
- 2016 IEEE Globecom 2016 Student Travel Grant (NFS Travel Grant), $1000
- 2014 "Best Paper Award" of IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE ICNC) (Top 1%)
- 2014 Outstanding Graduate Student of USTC (Top 1%)
- 2013 National Scholarship of Graduate Students (Top 0.2%, RMB 20000, the highest honor for master students in China)
- 2011 ~ 2014 Full Tuition Scholarship for Three Years’ Study in USTC
Special Skills and Software
- Matlab, C, Python, Tensorflow 2.4, Github, CVX, Microsoft Visual Studio, Photoshop, Office.
- 09/2020- 03/2021, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Ying Wu College of Computing.
Conducting research on designing machine learning (i.e., deep reinforcement learning) algorithms for the UAV placement, computing and communication resources assignment
in the UAV-aided mobile edge computing network.
- 05/2016~08/2016, Summer Internship at the Department of Fixed Access Network, Futuewei Technologies, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807, USA.
Worked on the channel bonding of the 100 EPON and NG-PON2 (Supervisor: Dr. Yuanqiu Luo).
Conducting research on designing and evaluating protocols in the MAC layer for the channel bonding of the 100 Gbps EPON and NG-PON2.
- Machine Learning, UAV Communications, Mobile Edge Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Wireless Communications, and Datacenter Networks.
- Ph.D. 09/2014 ~ 05/2020 , Electircal and Computer Engineering (ECE), New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT, top 100 national university in US), Newark, 07102, USA.
Advisor: Distinguished Prof. Nirwan Ansari
Dissertation: “Communications with Spectrum Sharing in 5G Networks via Drone-mounted Base Stations”, 04/20/2020.
- M.S. 09/2011 ~ 06/2014, Information and Communication Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC, 87th World University Rankings 2021), Hefei, 230000, China.
Advisor: Prof. Zuqing Zhu
Dissertation: “Investigation of Dynamic Resource Allocation in Inter-Datacenter Networks over Optical Infrastructure”, 05/2014.